Ceremony Celebrant Package!
First – Let’s get to know each other and see if we’re the right fit!
A FaceTime or Zoom, or, if you’re on the Sunshine Coast, a face- to-face meet up would be lovely!
After the online or in person meeting, if you can both see me as your celebrant and/or MC, I’ll send you a quote as well as the required, Notice Of Intended Marriage (NOIM) form. I can witness the NOIM for you too (no JP required). Then, we begin planning and creating together!
What’s included in the planning of the Ceremony:
- Share your love story! This will be the emphasis on your big day!
- We will discuss your ceremony structure, i.e.: family involved, bridal party, logistics etc.
- Need help with writing your vows? Absolutely. I can also offer my vow writing kit. I will print both sets of vows onto handmade vow cards and bring them along on the big day. No scrappy bits of paper in sight!
- I am adaptable, and stylish, wishing to blend in, not stand out. We will discuss your styling/colour palette and dress code. Note: Emails and phone calls are not limited during our preparation time. My priority is to ensure you are 100% happy with the outcome of your ceremony.
- All listed is inclusive of my fee, unless travel and/or accommodation is discussed. NOIM Lodgement – The
NOIM (Notice of Intended Marriage Form) must be lodged with me, at least 31 days before your wedding date and up to 18 months before. As it states, by completing this you are lodging your intent to marry. I will send you the NOIM as a PDF you can type straight into: (name, address, DOB: those type of details …). Then you email that back to me with scans of original birth certificates and photo identification OR JUST your passports are fine. If either of you have been married before, a copy of the original proof of divorce will be needed as well.
In the lead up to your wedding:
- 1 month out is also when your couples questionnaires are due back to me. Your Q & A’s are kept online for ease of access for you to update as you wish. I personalise this element in the ceremony for each couple.
- A 20-30-minute rehearsal with your bridal party, to run through the logistics (providing ceremony venue is Sunshine Coast based. If further afield, a Zoom of FaceTime will be fine as well.
- Another quick bit of legal document signing – Declaration of no legal Impediment.
On your wedding day
- I will arrive 30 minutes beforehand to set up, meet your photographer and videographer, welcome your family and friends and calm any nerves!
- I provide my own professional P.A system with stand, microphone and Bluetooth ability. I will download through Spotify your requested ceremonial music and control this on the day if you don’t have musicians playing your ceremony music.
- After the ceremony, I’ll present you with your Ceremonial Certificate and your vow cards in a beautiful big envelope whilst congratulating you both on becoming newlyweds!
After your wedding day
- The next business day, I will lodge the administrative documents to Births, Deaths and Marriages to register your marriage!
- I begin the process of obtaining an official marriage certificate for you, as your commemorative certificate cannot be used for official things like changing your name or applying for a shared Medicare card. Once your paperwork is processed Births, Deaths and Marriages, BDM will send you an email/link. Follow the link to place your credit card details where required. Your BDM issued certificate will arrive 2-6 weeks later. Use BDM’s certificate for name changes as it’s your legal document of marriage!
As you can see, there is a fair bit involved in being a modern-styled Celebrant. Please reach out if you have any further ceremony related questions :). Also, please check out my ‘Drop the Mic MC’ info PDF as well if you are having a reception after the ceremo
MC – Master of Ceremonies
The components below are included, but are not limited to, the Master of Ceremonies role.
The great thing about having someone on the ‘outside’ fufil this role, is every one of your guests can completely enjoy themselves, as a guest really should. I’ll keep the reception running smoothly with lighthearted organization and banter.
The connection between myself, yourselves, your family and friends will have already been established with me through the ceremony (and rehearsal), so the evening is simply a carry on of Celebrations, and will flow with the same humour and vibe.
The MC role in inclusive of:
- Celebrant services from 1.5 hours before the ceremony, until conclusion of ceremony – Separate fee.
- Continue on with guests, mingle with them and meet as many as possible one by one while the couple are being photographed with bridal party.
- Head to reception area and assist in any set up still required for caterers, beverage staff and DJ/Band. Meet & liaise with other vendors, find out what all the VIP’s are drinking to ensure no-one has an empty glass all night. (VIP’s are couple, bridal party, family).
- Assist in gathering guests to reception area/guest arrival drinks.
- Small break for me to freshen up.
- Housekeeping for the property.
- Introduce myself and welcome back the bridal party. The couple arrive and we welcome the Mr & Mrs/Mr & Mr/ Mrs & Mrs!
- Welcome. This section is written & prepared by MC working closely with the couple in the lead up based on expectations.
- Control lighting for day/night/catering/dance floor.
- Assist in delivery of catering based on floor plans/lists.
- Entree is served
- Mains served
- Ensure DJ/band have breaks
- Control music if required though I Pad/P. A when DJ/band take breaks
- Announcement – 10-minute call for toilet break, speeches coming up
- Assist in Champagne top ups for Toast
- Introduce speeches. Best man/Parents/Couple/Others
- Dessert or cake cutting
- Bridal waltz/first dance
- Bouquet throwing/garter – Arrange crowd
- 9-30pm END – DJ takes over
I hope this gives some clarity to the MC role. I certainly don’t just stand around and talk on the microphone! It’s more like a reception Manager/Co-ordination role, working closely with the wedding/function co-ordinator (if applicable) to ensure everyone is happy and things run smoothly with a relaxed and enjoyable vibe. Please reach out if you would like to chat more about the MC role.